See my Flickr page!

www.flickr.com
jbf7934's items Go to jbf7934's photostream

Friday, December 23, 2011

This one
I've been wanting to write about our first trip to Seoul, but things kept coming up, and I just couldn't find the time. Then, on the last day of classes, I found myself doused with extra time after all my classes were cancelled. Great opportunity to do some blogging, I think to myself! All I have to do is turn on the computer. The last few weeks, my school computer has been on a downward spiral. At first I'd have to restart it once or twice for it to stay on, and like an old car in the cold, it just needed some lovin' to get going. This easy-going approach soon turned to contempt, as the "once or twice" restarts soon doubled, tripled, and I just would have loved to climb to the top of the South Korean flag pole on top of the three-story building and hurl the CPU to the ground. Back to the point, though, because everyday it still eventually came on, and usually the maximum time was around 30 minutes. 59 attempts (attempts meaning automatic and manual restarts) and more than 3 hours later, the computer is able to turn on and stay on for more than 5 minutes. I know what you're thinking, but no, "59" is not a random number I came up with to make the reader understand that "yeah, it took a while". I tallied 59 marks on the white board behind me. Triple counted because even I was shocked. Needless to say, after it finally came to, I was not exactly in the mindset to write, so some Seoul pics and stories are due soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment